Saturday, January 13, 2007

finishing

Since school got out, I have finished the wrap I made from the red silk yarn I bought in Japan, started and finished a hat in shades of brown (basic hat formula, but with earflaps and funky ties to keep the earflaps from flapping) - also from Japan, and am about 23 rounds from finishing my first major cable undertaking. I have been working on this hat since I moved to Gwangyang on and off (far more off...)and a few weeks ago, I realized that while i THOUGHT I was cabling without a cable needle correctly, I, in fact, was not. So there are some funky mis-crossed cable things happening in the body. I put the whole project in time-out for a while. At this point, I don't care and just want to be done with the damn hat. The yarn was my first Korean yarn store purchase, and it is splitty and a very, very bad choice for cables (but it is one of the softest yarns I've ever worked with and very pretty)and the whole thing is done on US #1 double points. (that means very small.) I am thinking about using said needles to stab out my own eyes if I don't finish this thing soon.

The goal for tomorrow is to finish, and then I will take pictures of all three. And also pictures my brand new glasses, which cost all of $45 for an eye exam, compacted lenses, and frames. And it took longer for me to play with all the frames then it did for anything else added together. I'm going back to get the red, slightly cat-eye ones after the damage from vacation has been totaled.

No comments: