Wednesday, January 17, 2007

alive and planning.

Am still alive, just incredibly, incredibly boring right now.

sleep.knit.gym.sauna.knit.sleep. repeat. often with bit torrented tv in the background, occasional hanging out with friends or shopping.

I ordered and received the Lonely Planet guide to Thailand (and their Southeast Asia on a Shoestring to plan for this summer) and right now, I'm thinking I'll go to Chaing Mai (in the north) for the most part. Become Level 1 Thai Massage certified (a 5 day course for about $100!), take a climbing class (for which insurance is part of the fee) to climb Crazy Horse Buttress and learn to belay, see the night market and look at textiles and stuff (this area has more textile/weaving/embroidery than other places) and maybe ride elephants. So basically, about a week and a day or two. Then go down to Railay (or someplace else in the south) and either try to climb again or just sleep on the beach for a few days, and probably take a cooking class. I am adamant about having at least SOME beach time, but most of the other stuff I want to do would be best done in the North.

This, of course, could change dramatically. But it is what I'm thinking right now.

Like I said, not all that interesting (though I have finished two hats and a shawl - oooh!!) but not bad at all.

No comments: