Monday, January 22, 2007

Colts and Costco

GO COLTS!!!!

For the past hour or so, I've kept hitting refresh on Google News to see the results of the game. This is one I really wish I had the chance to watch - there was talk of one of the bars in Suncheon maybe showing playoff games, so if they do I may head over tonight.

I was sad to read that the Saints didn't make it, but it does make it a little easier (Pat, you may want to stop reading...) because I'm not 100% sure who I would have rooted for in a Colts/Saints match-up.
_____________________________________________________________________

Costco is a magical land. They have Nature Valley Granola bars and all manner of deliciousness. I had to keep reminding myself that even though it is a long drive to get there, I AM allowed to go back. It was just nice to be able to see so many familiar things, and be able to buy some of the foods I can't get anywhere else here - Kashi cereal, Nutigrain bars, canned tuna in water, medium salsa - and to know that there is a place I can get some other stuff. In some ways, just knowing they are available makes the craving for things less. Like, I know that it is possible to have, so I don't NEED to have it right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just finished watching the game, WOW!! the colts win in an amazing comeback. if mom didn't have a heart attack i'm sure she's going crazy right now. i'm encouraging them to go to miami for the superbowl if they have a chance to get tickets. it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so why not?

i saw that you're booked for thailand, sounds like fun. looking forward to seeing some pictures.

shannon says hello, talk to you later.

MUD said...

The Baltimore Colts threw a great game and made it very fun to watch.The colts and the Bears should be a good game with lots of scoring. I'm not sure who I will root for except to watch and enjoy a good game.
Here in Topeka,KS the Walmart version of COSCO is Sam's Club. I can't get into and out of that store withour owning a gross of toilet paper and spending over $100.00. The really sad thing is you can't just buy enough for two people, you have to buy in bulk and we just can't eat all we buy. MUD

Anonymous said...

Well, Jess, you have connections in Miami...you can always stay on my couch. Aunt Mimi
(My quandry is, who do I root for?)

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to come up "anonymous".
aunt mimi