Friday, January 19, 2007

Accomplished

Today I:

* Finally figured out how to do a bank transfer to make a payment without having to go through a bank teller (here, you can send money directly to the person/company's bank account, which is odd, but anyway...)
* paid for my ticket to Thailand (I'll feel better about that once I hear back from the travel agent, though)
* convinced the teller at my bank to give me a check card!! (I still wasn't able to get them to activate the debit card with the mastercard or visa logo, though. still, progress.)
* tried to make sure my ATM card would work internationally. (She said yes, but I know several people who have had problems with that, so I'm not 100% sure still...)
* Went to the grocery store with the good bread (not just brown in color, but with chunks of seeds and grains!)
* bought the world's most ridiculous-looking humidifier (but it was the least expensive - once the batteries charge for the camera, I'll share).
* Found out that I will be getting paid more since the Winter Camp I taught was a LOT more time intensive than what I thought I was agreeing to (THAT surprised me!)
* added 5kg to my bench press (AFTER running 5km!)
* have almost finished knitting the second repeat of the first colorwork chart on the mitts I'm knitting (pictures to come of that, too).
* made a "to-do" list for tomorrow.

No comments: