Saturday, December 02, 2006

Weekend randomness

1. There were snow fluries today. SNOW. It's cold. I understand that I sound like a big whiner when lots of people have had inches of ice and snow and all that, but still, cold. This is like the New Orleans kind of cold where it seems much worse than the temperature actually indicates. Don't like it one bit.

2. The foreigner community in Gwangyang is pretty amazing. Very open, accepting, and while somtimes difficult to get ahold of, inclusive. I've really liked getting to know the handful of folks I've met here so far. This seems to be something that is pretty similar in the smaller towns - while sometimes it can be hard to find people, once you do, they are very welcoming. I've heard that the bigger cities can be different, but from what I've seen here, I feel very lucky.

3. This weekend, I saw a movie in a theatre (!!) in English (!!!)- The Devil Wears Prada - for free because a friend was able to get tickets to the "Art Center" on Jechul (where the Steel company POSCO is located). Also, after some directional mishaps in going to meet people at a rugby game, went to the Outback here for the first time. They had sour cream. And steak. And brown bread. It was delicious.

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

Glad you finally made it to Outback. I stayed in Mokpo until Sunday afternoon, so was unfortunately unable to meet you.

See you next weekend?

xoxo

V.