Tuesday, December 19, 2006

food

1.) I have made meringue cookies with egg whites, cream of tarter, and splenda using an electric mixer, and if i remember correctly, I can do it without the cream of tarter if necessary. What I'm wondering right now is if I can do it in a blender, as I don't have a hand mixer and mixers cost about $30 here. Thoughts? I may just try it to see, but if anyone can give me a head's up as to why this might not be the greatest idea, I'd appreciate it.



2.) this PDF from Precision Nutrition looks interesting. I'm wondering what would happen if I replaced the cottage cheese/ricotta cheese in some of the recipes with the really, really soft tofu in a tube. Again with the reasons this may not be the greatest idea would be helpful.



3.) How I lived before discovering the joy of baked tofu, I'll never know. It may be one of my favorite things right now.



powered by performancing firefox

No comments: