Wednesday, November 29, 2006

lists

The good:
+ http://www.pandora.com/ - it will create an internet radio station for you based on an artist you like. So great!
+ The sauna at my gym. Seriously, love. Green tea bath, Oriental medicine bath, the super-hot sauna, the pool with the jets that beat the heck out of my back. Awesome.
+ The super-scrubby bath mitts/towels. Like fine grit sandpaper. Amazing.
+ I just got an external hard drive. Love.
+ Heated floors.
+ The computer guy fixed it so the sound works on my computer. Yay!!
+ Endless cups of green tea in the teacher's room.
+ Taking a corner and feeling confidant on the bike. It really does feel pretty amazing.
+ Overall, things are going pretty well. Nothing dramatic either one way or the other. Just life.

The Bad:
- My face is breaking out more then it ever has. Hate.
- The lady who seems to chew her gum AT me. Seriously, I don't understand how one little woman can get a piece of gum to be that loud.
- School lunch. Either I'm getting more cranky or it is getting worse.
- I have ANOTHER cold.
- There are packages I'm expecting that are taking forever to get here! I have no idea why.
- I can't figure out how to have the heat on but not on full-blast. There should be a balance between nothing and 26 celcus. Just saying.
- I am lacking motivation at the gym. Once I get there, it is okay (other than the lungs not being fully cooperative due to my cold) but it is a chore to get there.
- The classrooms and hallways in my school aren't heated, which is pretty common here. Yesterday, one of the new punishments I saw given out was teachers taking girls' socks, so they had to go barefoot. Well, with sandals, but still.

1 comment:

MUD said...

Jess,
I just started to Sub for the Paras at an elementary school and got hooked up with the BD program. They have a high burn out rate and I have 10 days between now and Christmas already scheduled. The classes are either buring up or cold as heck. I have a cold and don't think I will kick it until after I'm away from the children at Christmas. Glad you like green tea. Can't stand the stuff, make my face break out (No it doesn't, that is a joke) Dennis