Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mokpo

I like being able to say that yesterday I moved across the country. Which I did, but I have helped friends with moves across town in the States which took longer, driving included.

So basically, I've moved from the East coast of southern South Korea to the west coast. Both are port cities, but while Gwangyang was developing and mostly based around POSCO, Mokpo is bigger and an older city. For folks who want to see/read more:

The Wikipedia entry on Mokpo.
The Mokpo city website (in English).

I'm going to venture out and see if I can find a market nearby. I think I'm VERY close to the Jayu Market, which means I'll get to see old ladies selling vegetables out of plastic bowls on the street, which I LOVE. Seriously. The bowls of seafood kind of sketch me out, but I'm a big whiny baby who likes her animal products safely behind plastic, thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I just googled "Is there a body shop in Mokpo?" and your site was like the fifth one to come up. And it was like, "hey, I know her!". It's like you're famous or something.
Seriously, is there a body shop in Mokpo?