Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Moved

I'm in the new place. It is even smaller than I thought it was going to be (in some ways) but so much better now that I'm HERE and I can start working on it. I took pictures to show the absolutely insane amount of stuff I plan to fit in here, along with trying to show how small it really is. But seriously, not as bad to be in here as I thought it was going to be, so all good. But then I might be drunk on air conditioning. If nothing else, it will push me to be more creative, right?

The person who drove me over was the brother of the person I thought was going to be driving me over yesterday (or something like that - not totally sure of the relationship - it could be "brother" as in "good friend") because he "knew Mokpo." Yeah. Not so much, really. Eventually my co-teacher came and led him here, but it wasn't an easy find. The guy then wanted significantly more money for getting me here than I thought I would be paying. I ended up paying a little more, but about half of the increase he wanted. Jerk. Anyway, I have no idea how I'm going to tell someone (as in, a taxi) how to get me to my new home. Eep.

Two friends were here waiting for me, which was amazing, and it was pretty fast to unload the truck.

Tomorrow I will go with my co-teacher over to the school to meet the principal. I don't think I need to go in until next week at the earliest.

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

I think you have to say something about the market to the taxi driver....

And nothing can be worse than what you have to say to get to Jen's place: "Please bring me to the closed-down mental hospital, thanks".

Anyway... glad you're in Mokpo, and not *that* far from me.

And icky expensive driver guy? Well, he's got bad karma now, doesn't he?

Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

I find it amusing that the word verification for this post is "ogeezu"... Konglish for Oh, Geez?

Abandoned psychiatric alcohol clinic, yes...

much fun.

Welcome to Mokpo!