Monday, May 22, 2006

5K

My time was not spectacular, but I finished, I wasn't last, and I beat my goal time. All three good thing.

Because the course was so steep in places, I had mentally prepared myself for a 45 minute time. I wanted to be <40, but didn't think it would happen. I came in with a clock time of 37.26!! And there were at least five people after me, not counting the folks who came in after they cleared for the 1/2 marathon. Not a horrible time for a first 5K, and there were experienced runners who were talking about how challenging the course was.

I feel great! I'm planning to enter a couple of races in July, and I plan to start training for a 10K for this fall.

And I did it. A few months ago, I had an "only if being chased" attitude towards running. Now I've competed! In a race! (which arguably could be considered "being chased," but in my case, not so much.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Jessica...that is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL!!!
I am so proud of you. I hope you run all the way across Japan, and then across Korea. You are doing great.
Love, Aunt Mimi