Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Running. Because I'm boring.

I ran (like, without walking) for three miles yesterday, and then later did about 1.25 miles of hill work before going to the gym.

Today, I ran the Big Hill that I've always had to walk.

And I ran my first sub-40 min 3 mile. On the treadmill because it was way windy out and I'm crazy but not stupid.

I'm slow, but considering that two months ago running for five minutes seemed almost impossible, I'm pretty pleased. (and I do realize there is a bit of a difference between this post about my ability the one from a few days ago. But then I hadn't run for three miles!!) And now I m planning new long-term and short-term goals. With the race on the 21st, I'll have met the 5K goal. I'd like to start training for a 10K, and am thinking about maybe making the new longer-term goal a 1/2 marathon. But that seems a little crazy. But long term!! Like, in a year or so.
_____________________________________________________

I need to turn the heel on a sock, but I don't remember what I did for the first one, and need to find my notes or study the first one more closely. I ripped out the v-neck sweater because I realized the pattern was for puff sleeves, and umm, not so much for me. I'm almost back to the point where I had to rip, so even if I took a picture, it wouldn't look any different. I did a couple of rows on the lace, but nothing that would be noticable to anyone but me. But here is the finished sock of the pair:


_____________________________________________________

In other news, I turned in my letter of resignation to my principal today. This is real, y'all.

Three weeks with kids, a week of in-services, and then I pack everything into my car. Wow.

No comments: