Thursday, May 25, 2006

forerunner

I was looking at the ads for the Nike/Nano venture, and was thinking about how the accelerometer could be adapted to non-nike shoes (BTW, I've decided that it would be a few months before someone was able to come up with a decent mod for it.) Linked because I think it is pretty smart of both companies, even if I don't wear Nikes or have an iPod.

Then when I got home, I found my aunt had surprised me with this:


Woo! and WOW!!!

Mimi, you really shouldn't have, but I love it so much!! I can get all kinds of details like altitude and pace and accurate distance, I can use it for navigation (somehow, not exactly sure how yet) and distance. It tells me calories burned, I can use it for laps, it tracks data for me (yay, obsesive/compulsive streak!) and I can hook it into my computer to track the data even more! (not exactly sure how on that last one yet...) basically, it is totally amazing. Thank you.

I used it for the first time on my run tonight, and found I've increased my pace when on the trail by about a minute from where I thought I was. I also now know exactly how long the loop is.

This is a million times better than a talking iPod.

No comments: