Sunday, May 14, 2006

A

Yesterday, I tagged along with a friend who was headed to Albuquerque and I got new running shoes from a real running store - Brooks' Glycerine 4 - and went to REI where they were having a great big sale, and got lots of little things - another Nalgene, one of those sippy inserts for the bottle so i hopefully can stop getting water both up my nose and down my shirt when I try to drink and move at the same time, a new sports bra (Moving Comfort's Fiona) and anti-blister socks. THEN we went for Indian food! Excellent. And I love REI. There isn't a whole lot I actually need, but I can look around forever. And please, please please tell me why I really don't need the Garmin Forearunner even though it is on major sale. (I really DON'T need it and don't have the money for it, but DANG what a cool toy!)

Today I ran what I think might be the course for the 5K. Which really? More like 3.5 miles. I drove the dirt road, which was about 1.3, and from the 2 mile mark on the trail to where the access road meets the dirt road is at least .25. The only think I can think is that it will stop and start a little further up. I may have run it backwards, which would not be fun the day of the race, because while the second mile SUCKS, I'd rather deal with a horrible middle than sucky beginnings and endings. I literally felt like I was flying for the last quarter mile today. :)

And the shoes dealt with the trail, the softer access road, and the hard-packed dirt road quite well. No blisters or ouchy feet stuff at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for allowing comments, for those of us that must remain anonymous....;-).

I could be the voice of reason and tell you not to get the Garmin, but I won't. I depend on their units every day. Good equipment, and VERY cool indeed. -G

Jess said...

I could be the voice of reason and tell you not to get the Garmin...

I need voice of reason! I'm pretty busy convincing myself I don't need the iPod Nano, so I appreciate all the reason I can get!

But think of how cool it would be to have in, say, another country, where if I were running I might not be so sure of my distance...

Do not need. Do not need. Do not need. (but want)