Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The crazy.

In the past week or so, three guys, all of whom know me pretty well but in remarkably different ways, have suggested I think I about a triathlon. One because he thinks I need to cross-train more, one to get me to shut up about not being able to find a 10K listed on-line in September or October in Korea, and one I'm fairly sure is just looking for motivation to train himself. My brother and I now have an agreement - I'll think about a tri if he'll think about a 1/2 marathon (which is sort of me looking for motivation to train myself).

I think I may be mental, because I'm actually considering this.

I haven't been on a bike in a million years, and haven't swam (swum?) a lap in probably 15 or more. But a sprint triathlon is pretty short, and even an olympic distance one would actually incompass training for a 10K to a 1/2 marathon...

If nothing else, I'll probably look into how much it would cost to use the pool at ISU during July.

As my students would say, "ee-yah." which basically means "eew."

No comments: