Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Knitting

Today, this was ripped out.



Lorna's Lace Heaven, and the pattern was the easy shawl on the band. I lost interest and lost count and this lovely yarn was lonely in the bottom of the bag next to the couch. Too horrible a fate for this loveliness.

It will hopefully become this:

(picture of the picture in the magazine - prettypretty!)

Right now, it looks like this:



I forget the name of the color, but the top picture is reasonably close to accurate. Because of the mohair, I'm knitting on size six addi turbos (best needle point I have in that size) which i think should work, given that there are about 400 more yards in the ball of Heaven than in the yarn used. I may need to assess the length as I get closer to the fancy part on the edge.

I like that I'm knitting in the colors of sunset as I get ready to move from here. Next to the people I've met, the sunset and the rocks are what I will remember most.

And because knitting TWO lace shawls right now makes SO much sense...

Am working on a post as part of the Amazing Lace knitalong. Be prepared.

No comments: