Monday, October 16, 2006

Fruit

After I run or lift, I usually drink a protein shake. In super simple terms, the idea is that it encourages your body to maintain/build muscle instead of breaking down the muscle for fuel.

I've been experimenting with fruit/protein mixes, and for a while was making the shakes with frozen peach chunks (which, by the way, was really, really wonderful) but now that I am out of peaches, I've been experimenting with other fruit. Plus at one of the schools I go to, the principal gave me a big bottle of concentrated plum juice (they make it at the school) so I've been putting shots of that in, too. I mean, what the heck else am I going to do with it?

Yesterday, it was a persimmon/plum juice mix, which was surprisingly delicious! (good, as there will be TON of persimmons at the market soon!) and today is Chinese Cantalope+plum juice.

Odd. Not bad, but still, kind of... Odd.

Also, this would be two days in a row when I have eaten a fruit I have never had before.

No comments: