Thursday, October 19, 2006

Random pictures


100_0915.JPG
Originally uploaded by recklesswater.
This photo is part of a series based on the brillance of one Ms. Parker. This is the bus schedule for the direct bus from Gwangyeong to Jungma, and the direct, if not fast, bus to Suncheon. Tomorrow there will be an additional photo of the board in Jungma going all over, and this weekend there will be panoramas of the bus schedules in Yeosu and probably Suncheon.

If I'm really smart, I'll also remember to take one with my phone, so I'll always have it with me.



100_0916.JPG
Originally uploaded by recklesswater.
This is a photo of the main street in Gwangyeong, my neighborhood. This was taken at about 4:45 pm, and illustrates why I think that practice in riding a motorcycle on streets would be best initially accomplished here.



100_0917.JPG
Originally uploaded by recklesswater.
My apartment has basically woodgrain shelf paper covering the floors. Carpets are either ugly or expensive or both, and I really didn't want to make a huge financial investment. I found placemat-sized rag rugs in an "everything" store here for about $.50 a pop, and decided that it would do.

While there is no doubt it is kind of hidious, I love this rug. This was the protype, so I will probably re-duct tape the thing together soon, but it feels nice and is much needed color. There are some other rugs thrown around at most points of entry - the edge of the entryway, the door to the back balcony, the doorway to the bathroom - and the color just makes me happier. Perhaps it is ugly, but it is ugly in a really cute way! (this picture makes it look worse than it is - I promise)



100_0920.JPG
Originally uploaded by recklesswater.
At some point, someone who live in this apartment put really ugly stickers all over the place. I will document the bathroom before they are attacked with a razorblade of a sort, but for this, I'm just covering

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

Great to see you today at Damyang.

I've started taking pictures of bus schedules and/or maps etc, no matter which country I am in.

Have a good weekend!