Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Spoiled

I am one of the most spoiled kids on the planet.

My mom sent me another big box of goodness! Combine me whining about it getting cold, whining my apartments lack of blankets, and also whining about the expense of buying blankets, and I must have created a critical whine factor that made my mother jump into action and send the duvet I "gave" to her before I left. And if that had been it, it would have been pretty amazing, but then she added a ton of other good stuff, too!! Yay!! WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS!! A whole bag of em!! Treats in the form of Mexican food and bars and oatmeal and cereal, and cute stuff for my classroom for Halloween. AND!! And a sweater worth of yarn from the Navajo Arts and Crafts Enterprise (basically, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride), which I had asked for as a Christmas gift.

I am very lucky that my parents love me as much as they do. There is no way I could have done this without them. From boxes full of both necessities and treats, to financial help at critical times, to buying and sending a winter coat because nothing here is long enough, I am so grateful. Truly.

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Yay!

Aren't care packages fun?

Am supremely jealous of tortillas....

Jess said...

Virgina -

Come over and I'll share.

I also have enchilada sauce.

And salsa.