Wednesday, October 25, 2006

knitting

There really is nothing like knitting in lovely silk yarn on needles about two size too large for the yarn (but you are getting such fantastic drape and when blocked it would look amazing so you don't want to start over and you don't want to have to go buy another set of needles) to show how dramatically different your knit and purl tension really is.

and wow, that's a bad sentence. Also, i realize that for some of you, I could have posted:

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

and had it make as much sense.

In other knitting news, I bought the pattern for Hopeful and may look at adapting the sleeves to full length, and may futz with the bow thing at the front. But I like the lines, and I think it is a good cause, and I wanted a pattern for a nice v-neck sweater that might make it look like I have a waist.

No comments: