Sunday, October 01, 2006

vroom

If you are my mother, you should not read this post.

Today I started to learn to drive a motorcycle!

I did a lot of starting and stopping. I can switch gears (well, downshifting is still pretty rough, but I was rough on downshifting when I drove a manual car, too) and can turn. Well, turn to the left.

I also get a little lot nervous when there are other cars around and get a little discombobulated. Which causes me to scare the person trying to teach me. But I'm getting better, and plan on avoiding traffic until that little problem goes away.

I also learned that bike are top heavy, and they can fall if you somehow sorta do something wrong when getting on. Oops. I didn't fall, but the bike did.

And it is FUN!!

(and I wore a full-face helmet, a jacket, and doc martin shoes. I was safe.)

I also helped to put back together (the carburetor was being worked on, and I put in bolts, helped re-install the gas tank, destroyed a 12mm ratchet head, and helped to put on the fairings) the bike before I rode it, so I have a least a little bit of the beginnings of an idea how the pieces go together.

I still smell a little bit like gasoline, but had a good time!

I have awesome friends.

Tomorrow is the last day before we go on break for a week. On Tuesday, I'm going to lunch at a co-workers house, and then on Wednesday, I'm going to try to do a money transfer to the US, meet friends in Gokseong, and then take the train to Seoul.

In other news, I am eating toast. It is delicious.

No comments: