Monday, October 30, 2006

Motorcycle!!

I just drove my bike home!!

To be blunt, it was pretty scary and there were times I had to stop and take a deep breath and collect myself (like starting going downhill - that wasn't a lot of fun) but I DID it! I followed a friend who was very nice about how long it took for me to make what should be the 10 minute drive (read: long time) and it gave me the chance to get used to the feel of the bike and what it was like to drive on the road versus drive on a practice road.

And I didn't cry. I have a tendancy to start to cry a little when I make myself do things I either think I cannot do, or that scare me. This was both of those things.

Considering I sort of live on the side of a mountain here, I should probably learn to feel a little more comfortable with the starting on the downhills. But then, when I was learning to drive a manual transmission, I sucked at that, too. Practice, practice, practice. And learning to trust myself a bit more.

No comments: