Tuesday, March 06, 2007

climbing in Thailand

Sonia sent me some of the pictures that were on her camera from the day we climbed on Railay.

Things I learned from these climbs:
1. Use my legs more.
2. Take the fall and take the rest if you need to, as holding on without being able to move isn't going to help you get to the top, either.
3. Use my legs more.
4. Commit. I may have fallen on the second one, but I was more committed to the effort and did a lot better overall.
5. Don't try to use my arms so much.

I tend to forget that most of my strength needs to come from my legs. I need to try more to use my upper body for stability and push myself up with my legs, rather than try to claw my way to the top, because it just won't work.

Jessica pulling at 123.JPG

Jessica cranks.JPG

I'm back at school again, though I won't have classes until Monday at the earliest. So that means a lot of sitting around doing nothing. I have a new co-teacher (the person who take care of my paperwork and all that stuff) and she is AWESOME and totally on the ball and great. Woo!

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Yay! An update! That makes me happy....

xoxo

V.

Lauren Murphy said...

Wow! Jess you ROCK! Congrats! Lots of love from Benin!