Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When I grow up...

When I grow up, I want to be like THIS little old lady!!

Or like some of the women linked in this article here.


(I know I link to Stumptuous all the time. The author is a Woman's Studies professor from Canada who really knows what she is talking about when it comes to fitness, particularly from the perspective of women who lift weights. Plus I think she is cool. I mean, I don't know her or anything, but she seems like one of the kinds of women who would be fun to hang out with. /fangirly-ness)

5 comments:

MUD said...

Most of us really need to join weight watchers and then get into shape with what we have left. I personally have a little trouble with the term Broad. I think people should be strong, stand up and be counted and not the same as everyone else be they 13, 23 or 83. I ride a recumbent bike as often as I can. I will probably do 5 to 8 miles this morning. Spent most of the day yesterday painting the old truck. I think 59 1/2 is just right. Smart enough to have some money left at the end of the month. MUD

Ms Parker said...

Wow!

Unknown said...

Jessica, you already ARE this old lady. You just have to the years. So get rid of the mirror and realize that you are beautiful and strong. You are an example to us all.

MUD said...

Listen to Kathleen. You are basically who you will be but have the benefit of being young enough to enjoy it. The shame is that all the money is wasted on the Old. (It doesn't hurt that we earned it but hey, that's my story and I sticking to it) MUD

Jess said...

Jessica, you already ARE this old lady. You just have to the years

I think I maybe wasn't clear - I don't want to be her NOW (my bench is probably WAY higher!! ;) ) but rather at their ages, i want to be as active, as fit, and as healthy.