Tuesday, May 29, 2007

3 things

1. My co-teacher is awesome, and told me that I should come in late on Thursday, and if everyone else is leaving, I should leave early, too. And that I should ask the vice-principal if I can leave after lunch. This might dove-tail nicely into a suggestion from a friend that I "make a doctor's appointment in Gwangju" for that day. I might actually go to one of the Oriental medicine clinics or something - migraines, disturbingly creaky knees, and allergies might all be things they can help with, and my insurance should cover it. Will try to avoid the bloodletting or the suction-cup bruise machine, though.

2. I did my last long run before the race. 8km (thought I had to walk the insanely steep hill before the last .2km). With the walking of the mountain parts, I probably covered about 9-10km. If I am able to maintain a pace similar to what I had for the 8, I'm on target for the time I expect to hit.

I thought I was being all smart running on the dirt track between the river and the rice fields. At twilight. There were literally clouds of small flying bugs. So not cool.

3. The best lip balm for long runs/long workouts is thick lip gloss (Rimmel's Lip Vinyl is good, as is The Face Shop's lip plumper). It stays on forever, even when the rest of you starts to get dehydrated.

Except for when you are running through clouds of flying bugs. Then it is just gross.

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Best of luck for the running this weekend. I really hope I can catch you before you leave on Saturday.

It was so nice talking to you yesterday.

xoxo

V

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to Jeju?
I'm on the 9:30 a.m. ferry on Saturday - I'd hate to be alone!