Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pain in the ass/knitting geekery

I don't know what I did, but it feels like I pulled a muscle in my right glute. I'm making myself giggle by thinking "pain in the ass" because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

I was going to do another long run today (my last one before the race) but didn't want to make things worse or have a seriously crappy run before I went to do the race. I know I'll be able to complete the distance, but it is how gracefully I'll be able to do so that is the question. I will probably try to get in a fairly long run early this week and throw in a couple easy ones. Then Saturday I fly to Jeju. It sucks that I'll have to leave so quickly after the race on Sunday in order to get back, but - get this - in order to take a sick day at my school? You have to actually be sick. As in, my co-teacher will call to check in on me or something. Crazy. I haven't taken one all year, and she knows that there is a good likelihood that I'll take one on Monday, but... Anyway, yeah.

So other than the gym yesterday and some cleaning and shopping, I have done nothing this weekend except watch torrented TV and knit. I finished the collar and set in the sleeve (singular - only one done) for the sweater I'm knitting for Claire, Morgan and Anna's daughter (my brother and his wife), and started a summer top in the round. It was going to be Lelah from Craftster (Not the pattern, but the picture is a million times better that the designers) but you know, lace=having to pay attention. So I did one pattern repeat of the lace and now it is just a ton of stockinette in the round. The yarn is from a Korean company and says it is 100% bamboo, but there is a single of something sparky plied in, so i'm guessing mostly bamboo and a little synthetic something. I'm loving the drape of the fabric. In a few inches I'm going to have to decide what I'm going to do with the top - right now, I'm thinking halter or plain tank top.

ETA: No, wait, I did do one thing that was cool - I took the motorcycle out for a longish ride. There is a Volvo factory near me!! And I navigated the big confusing roundabout in Gwangyang-Eup!(that last detail was only for the few people who have actually been there).

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

Wohoo! It's nice to be back in the saddle again and catching up on people's blogs.

I really hope I get to see you next Saturday morning. If not, good luck with the run.

E-mail me.

:)

V