Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't make me cut you...

Today, one of the girls in grade 2 (US 8th grade) got mad at something one of the boys in her class said or did.

She took her paper cutter (like a miniature version of a box cutter) and sliced a 15cm* cut into HIS FACE.

The boy got ~50* stitches.

(all numbers reported by a teacher with a fairly limited grasp of English - I clarified, but y'all know...)

Now, I never really taught in really bad schools, but some of my schools were pretty tough and I've had some kids who were really, really violent. Like, in jail and long-term treatment center violent. And yet never have I has anything this bad ever happened - not even once. (I mean, threats, yes, but not actual violence. Some bad fights, throwing of desks, death threats and general psychosis, but no one ever actually cut a classmate.)

The police were not involved.

Also, my co-teacher, in telling me of this incident, mentioned what a good student this girl usually is.

2 comments:

Koozmacabroad said...

Oh my GOD!!!!
I can't believe it! Psycho.

Bet he'll never mess with her again or any other woman!
poor guy

can't wait for the weekend!

Debbi said...

so sorry~ thats a scary one.
better luck in the future eh?