Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pink Ribbon Marathon

100_1593.JPG

This weekend is the one year anniversary of my very first 5k race! I celebrated by running another 5k, the Pink Ribbon Marathon, which is also a breast cancer fund raiser.

I met a group of friends in Gwangju, and after shopping and eating and laughing harder than I have in a very, very long time, we ran. And it was so.much.fun. Seriously, racing the the most fun thing ever. You are surrounded by all kinds of people who are out there doing the same thing you are because they are the same kind of crazy that you are and think this is fun. Like a big old group of crazy pounding down the street. But you know, in a good way.

The 5k course was really only 4.3. My time wasn't great, but I had a lot of fun, which is the whole point. At about 3km, an older guy pulled up next to me and said "fighting!!" which is basically Korean for "go get em!" and we ended up pulling into the stadium at the same time. With about an 1/8th of a mile left, I said, "Fighting!!" and we raced to the finish line.

Some photos:
The clown that tried to eat Sloane's head:
the clown that ate Sloane's head

My photos with Tyra:
even more ANTM

Clear indication I have maybe been in Korea too long:
More ANTM

Empire waist dress? check
Dress over jeans? check
Sweater worn to cover strappy top? check
Random hair accessory that doesn't match anything else? check.
taking too many pictures of ourselves before we think there might be anything strange about that? check.

No comments: