Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Beijing

In other news, I think some friends and I will be doing a package tour to Beijing over Chuseok. A great price, considering all that is included, geared towards foreigners, and a bunch of friends have been on this same tour and had a GREAT time. Details are here.

So right now, it is the US in July/August, China in September, and I'm trying to decide on where to go this winter vacation. I'm pretty sure I want to see Ankgor Wat in Cambodia, but I'm not sure what else I want to do. I may try to take the ACE personal trainer certification exam in Bangkok, but where else? There is so much to see and do!!

Okay, so a bit of a poll:
If you could go anywhere in Southeast Asia, where would you go? Why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the "Farmer Art" in China...I picked up a couple of pieces when I was in there, and I wish I had shipped more home. It's just temra paint, but I love the stylistic components.I can't find any online, but I saw it all over the place there, in the small towns and outside the temples and stuff, and in the little stalls.
Have a great time!
Aunt Mimi

MUD said...

It is a toss up between Bahn me Touit or Kontum in Vietnam. Both were old provincial towns in the Central Highlands. I'm sure that Cameron Bay on the Coast is beautiful now. MUD

Anonymous said...

Vietnam! Vietnam!
That's where I'm going next winter vacation, anyway.