Saturday, September 23, 2006

crush

Dear Korea,

The past few days have been beautiful, and with the warm and the sun and the flowers, well, I'm developing a bit of a crush on you. Just wanted to you to know.

XOXO,
J

Today is beautiful! I lazed around, did laundry (which is almost dry!) and wandered through the market area. I have a ton of peaches and other good stuff, and was proud of my logical reasoning at the grocery - when looking at the tofu and trying to guess what might be the most firm, I noticed that there were different pictures on the packages - one of a hunk of tofu in chopsticks, one with chunks in soup, and one that looked kind of like a pudding or something. I decided that the one in chopsticks was the firm kind, so I went with that and i am currently trying to press out more water. Last night I let some tofu soak in a little enchilada sauce, and it wasn't bad. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to try to scramble some. Tonight, I'm going to be way brave and attempt a veggie/tofu curry thing. Fingers crossed.

I was thinking about taking the bus over to Gwangju's Foreigner's Day tomorrow. Either that, or the good gym/jimjilbang. We'll see.

ETA: of the good, when I went to the gym, there was almost no one else there, so I was able to set up the fans for a cross breeze so it wasn't disgustingly hot. What was going to be a 10-15 warm-up run turned into a 5K that was GOOD and HAPPY. I would like to get back to daily 5K runs, and while I've felt like crap DURING the run (as in, hot and cranky and "DANG, I hate the treadmill!"), my times have been at a pace slightly faster then before I left Indiana. And as for the cooking, while the curry packet wasn't what I thought it was going to be, it wasn't bad at all and the tofu was DELICIOUS.

No comments: