Friday, September 01, 2006

food

I actually almost sorta cooked tonight!

The guy who was here before left rice in a sealed container - the kind that has some sort of wild or whole grain rice and turns kind of purple (I know it wasn't bugs - they had it at one of the restaurants we went to last week) and after extensive examination for bugs or ick of any sort, I tested out the rice cooker. Rice and spicy tomato tuna, and then a little more rice with tony chacher's on it. So.Good.

I realize that dumping rice and water into a pot and opening a can of tuna doesn't really count as cooking, but considering that before I was just eating the tuna out of the can and having some coco puffs (actually, on the box they have "cocoaballs," - which reminded me of the South Park "Salty Chocolate Balls" song. Can you believe they let me teach children?), I'm a damn site closer.

Tonight, I'm saving the cocoaballs for desert

No comments: