Saturday, September 16, 2006

markets and yarn

Today I wandered to the main street in my neighborhood. I went to a yarn store and bought a couple balls of plain wool to swatch for a sweater and they gave me circular bamboo needles for free!! Yay!! And they were very nice, had some BEAUTIFUL cashmere blends and we were able to communicate at least to a basic degree with gestures and me guessing at what she was trying to tell me.

Also, I'm the most Irish girl ever. I went to the outdoor market, and the first vegetables I bought in Korea? Potatoes, carrots, and onion. (I also bought squash, but still...) I'm going to try to make a soup of some sort this weekend, and those were what sounded good (and what i could easily recognize). I WILL become more adventerous, but baby steps. From what I have heard, fruit and vegetables are really seasonal here. I didn't see any tomatoes at all, so I think I may have missed out for the time being. There are still a ton of peaches, so i will probably head back for those later in the week.

And to clarify, it isn't that I'm worried about gaining - I'm working out and walking all the time - but I'm just not losing as fast as I would like, so I feel like I need to start locking down again. The freak out stage is over. This is a good sign.

No comments: