Wednesday, September 27, 2006

lists. again. because I like them.

1. The girls soccer team at my school WON against ALL OF KOREA!! Wow!!
2. I'm actually busy (!) with things that don't involve me being a big crybaby about food (though I have to say that the infusion of protein powder, protein bars, oatmeal and other assorted goodness is helping greatly with the anti-crybabyness)
2A.) I went to Jungma for dinner with a friend last night, will be going to a reception dinner-thing in Suncheon tomorrow, have a volleyball tournament on Saturday, and then will be spending the rest of the weekend in Yeosu.
3.) Next week is Chuseok, which has been described to me as Korean Thanksgiving. Tuesday I will be going to lunch at a co-teacher's house, then either that evening or Wednesday I will head to Gokseong to meet up with friends to head up to Seoul for a few days. Thursday we will take a tour to the DMZ (the only way you can get there is with the tour) and there will be sightseeing and shopping and good company.
4.) Even with the credit card wackiness from a few weeks ago, I love Home Plus.
reason #1
I can't believe it IS I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!!

Reason #2
There will be baked goods and they will be good. And toast. Who doesn't like toast?

(there were other, smaller reasons, but these stood out as particularly worthy of note.)
5.) Though I am literally size 100 here, I can wear Korean tops at least. Haven't had the courage to try on bottoms yet. The women's sizes are too short, but I can wear them. Now if I can just find stuff that doesn't have writing, strange buttons, useless doo-dads or other crap... Will hope for better luck for longer length, and less... well, just less STUFF in the men's section. but I'm not holding my breath.

And a memo to me:

Self:
To borrow a line from Stephen Colbert, you are being put on notice. I think I have been more than generous over the past month in allowing you indulgence in Oreo-O's, large amounts of rice, those delicious sugar (and I think crack) filled coffees, and all manner of goodness. And you have responded well by not only maintaining, but by letting the jeans get loose. But now it stops. The freak out phase of adjustment is over and there is a good 10-15 lbs we are going to part with. You can make this easy or hard, but it's going to happen. And it starts now.
Me

P.S. resistance is futile.

No comments: