Monday, September 25, 2006

not awesome

Not awesome is when, after you have started your lesson, they tell you that they have restructured the 1st grade, and half the students in the room have already heard the lesson you are in the process of presenting.

Thankfully, there is enough of a clusterfuck with this change that they didn't realize that a class was supposed to come to me for 3rd period today, so instead of having the same giant mess (or totally improving for 3 blocks back-to-back) i have a chance to create something else.

Still, not awesome.

ETA: but what IS awesome is watching kids when you turn singing a Beatles song into a karaoke-score* contest.

It was probably one of the funniest thing I have ever seen, ever.

* in the noribang (singing rooms) the karaoke machine will give you a score based on how well you sing. I mean, I guess it does, as the one I tried in Japan just made a sad face at us.

No comments: