Thursday, September 21, 2006

Embarrassment of Riches

!!!!

Today, I received another box from home!!! Morgan and Anna and Dad and Pat - thank you thank you thank you!!!

I am so grateful. I seriously almost started to cry in the teachers' room when I saw the box.

I know it sounds silly - I really should be better about finding what I need here, but just having some of the things that are "normal" just makes me feel, well, normal, I guess. And it is stuff that is easy to get there that I cannot find at all, and it is astounding how those little things can make the difference between feeling at loose ends and being more grounded.

Also, I am humbled that so many people are are thinking of me. I am so lucky to have people who care about me like this. The past two days have been amazing. Thank you all so much!

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Hey - just catching up on your blog.

Are you headed to Gwangju this weekend? There is a foreigner fest going on...

Let me tempt you with thoughts of ....foooooooood.

Western food.
Chickpeas.
Different spices.
And, in the basement of Shinsegae, you can find a few Western products, including muesli from Switzerland.

:)

Jess said...

Ms Parker said...

Evil temptress!

when are you heading over? I was considering it, but there is no way I'm tough enough to hack getting up that early tomorrow for the day of hiking before.