Monday, September 25, 2006

lists

1.) I scrambled tofu, and while it wasn't as yummy as the pressed/pan fried/curried tofu, it was okay. Not great, but okay.
2.) I think I'm starting to get a cold. (okay, I've been "getting" this cold for a few days, but I'm fighting back with emergen-c, airborn, and lots of water and so far I'm still in limbo)
3.) probably NOT going to Malasya, at least not this winter. May be going somewhere else in addition to China, but that has yet to be determined. Am okay with this.
4.) I found a great website for ordering books within Korea. They have a physical store in Seoul, where they have MAGAZINES!! And will let you subscribe to magazines through them and send them to you. (about $10-20 more than the actual subscription, but with shipping to Korea then within Korea...). Am thinking about it for Interweave Knits and UTNE.


If you have a suggestion for a really amazingly wonderful book, I'd love to hear it. I'm more concerned with it being engaging more than topic specific (but lately, I've been more into non-fiction). In addition to general "this book is amazing!!" I know this is super-specific, but right now I'm really interested in reading more about feminism and religion, particularly within Islam and Catholicism, and women in Asia. Also, vegetarian cookbooks - which ones do you love? I'm not planning on becoming vegetarian, but I would like to incorporate more tofu and veggies into what I eat.

No comments: