Friday, September 22, 2006

Tofu

I have decided that I should learn to cook with tofu.

The fact that I don't cook much in general? Not going to stop me.

Tofu is a cheap and easily available protein source, and while I can find chicken all nicely packaged in a somewhat close neighborhood, it is an expensive cab ride home to go there all the time. Beef is expensive, and most of the fish... well, let's say I am not fond of the idea of having to shell, shuck, skin, debone, etc. in order to get to dinner. I've been eating a LOT of tuna, but it time to move on.

So, resources for the cooking of the tofu (I am currently without oven, but in the very near future, a toaster oven will be mine!!) so for right now, I'm looking at stuff that can be stir-fried, sauted, or the like. Soon, I will be able to BAKE!! And there will be much rejoicing.

Unrelated, volleyball is going well. According to my co-teacher (who volunteered the information - which is a bit of a rarity inandof itself) the teachers at my school think I'm nice "and easygoing." Cool. I'm having fun, and I am considered a valuable player, which is awesome. And a first. I have been told I need to practice spiking and blocking, which, well, duh. They are teaching me local "slang" and while it is somewhat disconcerting to listen to a conversation and only be able to recognize my name (so I know they are talking about me) at least I THINK it is mostly positive.

Also unrelated, I had a protein shake with plum and banana, and it was delicious. And I am cooking chicken in green chile enchilada sauce, the weather is incredibly beautiful right now, and while it WAS on the treadmill, I had an awesome run tonight. Things are good.

No comments: